Off the Hour / July 9, 5-6pm / Gaza Under Attack, Charity Hicks and the Struggle for Detroit's Water07/09/2014
OFF THE HOUR/ JULY 8TH / 5-6 PM / GROUNDWIRE / SHIREEN SOOFIE INTERVIEW ABOUT SANCTUARY CITIES / "ANTI-COPA' PROTESTERS TAKE THE STREETS OF BRAZIL /07/08/2014
OFF THE HOUR / JULY 2ND, 5-6PM / THE POLITICS OF THE WORLD CUP / INTERVIEW WITH THE CPRP / THE F WORD07/02/2014
OFF THE HOUR / JULY 1ST, 5-6PM / RESTORATIVE JUSTICE: ALTERNATIVE METHODS TO INCARCERATION / INTERVIEW RE: SEX WORK LAW BILL C-3607/01/2014
Latin Music Mondays rocks music linking South America and Palestine, in solidarity with Gaza and the men, women and children who have been killed in the hundreds in the last weeks. Tune in from 9-11am this Monday, July 21st to listen to the musical connections fostered in part by the Palestinian diaspora in South America.
CKUT Underground Sounds is pumped to be partnering with Marché des Possibles and Pop Montreal on July 25 for an evening of live music at the Mile End’s new open-air market.
The free event runs from 3 -11pm with musical guests Saxsyndrum, Hua Li and Fragile Feet starting at 7pm. RSVP for the event here and join us at Bernard and Saint-Dominique for live music, a farmers market, artisan crafts and food trucks in a kid-friendly outdoor community space.
RAMZi is Phoebé Guillemot, a self-taught producer from Montreal. In 2013, she released the EP Etwal Timoun on vinyl through the label Total Stasis as well as a tape titled DEZOMBI on Los Discos Enfantasmes. Bébites is her first self-released album under Pygmy Animals, Phoebé’s newly founded label.
Tune in on Wednesday July 9 for a live set by Antoine93 + DJ Spencer live mix.
Sounds not to be missed: on your radio dial 12-2pm Wednesday for the month of July, or online at ckut.ca!
Mercredi le 23 juillet dès 18h00, ne manquez pas la deuxième édition de l’émission féministe Ève & Pandore. Vous aurez l’occasion d’écouter notre entrevue avec Stela, une artiste de rue; notre reportage sur les douleurs vulvo-vaginales qui touchent une femme sur 5; et notre discussion sur les débats publics entre féministes!
De plus, vous découvrirez des artistes musicales géniales et notre Ève & Pandore de l’émission - une personne qui dérange dans l’actualité!
OFF THE HOUR / JULY 15TH, 5-6PM / MONTREALERS MARCH IN SOLIDARITY WITH GAZA / BILL C36 / ANTI-RACIST SOCCER TOURNAMENT / GRASSY NARROW TREATY
To download this program from our archives, click here
- Sex workers, sex worker rights organizations and allies of sex workers were in Ottawa last week to appear as witnesses before the Justice Committee to speak to Bill C36.
- An anti-racist soccer tournament in the Montréal coorganized by the Activists from the Immigrant Workers Centre .
- An interview with Grassy Narrow’s Chief Roger Fobister to discuss the implications of this Supreme Court decision and the government’s role in working with indigenous communities.
- CKUT’s team of the Palestine-solidarity show Under the Olive Tree reports about last friday’s gathering in Montreal to express solidarity with Gaza and demand the end of the recent indiscriminate and deadly Israeli aggression on the Gaza strip.
Want the full scoop on what’s happening in CKUT’s musical headquarters? Visit the Music Department blog for news, projects, and music we’re excited about on the regular:
If you’re looking for some live music (and other cool happenings), check our EVENT LISTINGS.
The Total Eclipse Compilation of live recordings from the CKUT studios including tracks by White Cube, Andy Boay, Maica Mia, Zs and many more is NOW available. Get it here!
They’ll also be available at Atom Heart, Phonopolis, Cheap Thrills, and L’Oblique.
This week on the Monday Morning After we discuss board games! Democracy now will be at 8 followed by Tue health segment. We will end the program with a tribute to the recently passed Tommy Ramone.
There will be a Total Power Shutdown at the Mt. Royal CFCF/ CFTM Transmitter affecting CKUT’s signal. As a result, CKUT 90.3FM will be off the air overnight on Wednesday July 16, Thursday July 17 and Friday July 18 from 12:10am to 5:30am.
Thankfully, you will still be able to listen to CKUT live online at ckut.ca – or you can check our archives afterwards to listen back on your favorite shows!
- @CKUT photo essay: Montrealers Protest Israel’s Deadly Assault on #Gaza & #Apartheid Wall t.co/WX2YC8wfQu #GazaUnderAttack #BDS
- interview — Movement building, anarchism @pmpressorg for broadcast on @CKUT, listen at: t.co/abBJVd2fXP #anarchism
- Check the latest from our @ckut news blog: Interview w/ @GenderAdvocacy on their new mural t.co/g9jWQBxXdO #MMIW #streetart #MTL
- Photo essay from @ckut's Under the Olive Tree: 100s gather in #Montreal for #Gaza t.co/lX99CFMU4S @TadamonMontreal #GazaUnderAttack
- Tune in tonight 10pm-12am on @ckut for an interview w/ Francbatards, a great #MTL franco #ska #reggae band t.co/thMmDY4f5s
- We're about to go live with our reporter @carlaflou from the @TadamonMontreal #Gaza solidarity rally. #manifencours #gazaunderattack #MTL