Work at CKUT!
Radio CKUT is currently seeking a Funding & Outreach Coordinator.
This is a full-time permanent position (35 hours/week July to December, 28 hours/week January to June).
Annual Salary: $25,716 ($15.70/hr). 4 weeks paid vacation.
Start date: Monday, February 26th 2018. Minimum 2-year commitment.
Deadline for applications is Monday, February 5th, 6pm EST.
Qualification for Emploi Quebec Subvention Salariale http://www.emploiquebec.gouv.qc.ca/citoyens/integrer-un-emploi/programmes-dintegration-a-lemploi/subvention-salariale/ is an asset. You can meet with your local Emploi Quebec agent to see if you are eligible.
CKUT is a progressive working environment and recognizes experiences outside of the formal workforce as important qualifications. CKUT prioritizes the unique contributions that individuals from traditionally under-represented and oppressed communities bring to our organization, and invites these individuals to apply. We encourage ALL applicants to make mention of the diverse experience that they may have had that would make them qualified for this position. Please indicate clearly in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for Employment Equity. You are encouraged, but not required, to self-identify if you are part of marginalized and oppressed communities that include but are not limited to:Indigenous peoples, women, visible and/or racialized minorities, persons with disabilities, immigrant, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and 2-spirited persons.
CKUT 90.3FM is a not-for-profit campus-based community radio station in Montreal. As a campus/community radio station, CKUT’s mandate is to provide an essential service to those in the Montreal community whose needs are not met by mainstream commercial radio. CKUT functions not only as an alternative to the status quo, but as a viable community resource. CKUT serves as a training ground for the community and student populations, and in doing so, provides an essential educational and informational service to the greater Montreal community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Funding & Outreach coordinator is responsible for securing funding both through grants and through multiple donor-based fundraising appeals, including an 10-day On-Air Funding Drive.
CKUT is a English campus-community radio station based out of McGill University. The Funding & Outreach Coordinator is expected to support on-campus events and outreach in order to promote CKUT to the wider McGill student population. The coordinator will hire, train and support a work study student to plan and organized on-campus events, especially in August/September and January. These activities may include panels, monthly concert series, live remote broadcasts, DJ events and other on-campus initiatives throughout the year. The coordinator is also expected to liaison with the off-campus community by preparing the monthly community newsletter, maintaining contact with donors and by supporting CKUT’s online presence through social media tools as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Other responsibilities of the coordinator include maintaining strong relations with our partners at McGill Conservatory Day camps as well ensuring that general CKUT promotional materials are regularly available.
CKUT is a collectively managed organization requiring staff to work closely with one another and with volunteers to manage the station. All staff play a direct role in managing CKUT’s daily operations and in building a vision of the organization’s future. The Fundraising and Outreach Coordinator is expected to take part in weekly meetings and share station management tasks.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, write and apply for grants and maintain strong relationships with various granting bodies
- Implement multiple fundraising appeals per year, in order to secure a multi-year donor-based support
- Oversee the Funding and Outreach department budget
- Participate in the collective management of the station, which includes (but isn’t limited to) weekly meetings and station maintenance.
- Communicate with the Board of Directors about various fundraising initiatives
- Plan and coordinate the 10-day long Annual Funding Drive
- Hire, train and work closely with work study students, including a Funding Drive Assistant and a Campus-Events and Outreach Coordinator
- Prepare annual donor newsletter, gift mail outs, pre-pledge forms and all promotional material (posters, press releases, thank you cards, etc.)
- Work with volunteers to fulfill the department goals and tasks
- Update and maintain the funding drive database
- Previous fundraising experience
- Ability to create and manage a budget
- Demonstrated project management and/or event coordination
- Familiarity with different social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Enjoys working with volunteers and can train/delegate tasks to volunteers
- Highly organized, reliable and capable of working in a busy environment
- Basic graphic design skills (for posters, web banners, and promotional material)
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and work independently
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, oral and written
- Excellent communication and written skills
ASSETS/OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous campus-community radio experience
- Experience in consensus-based decision making environment
- Familiarity with McGill University on-campus culture
- Knowledge of CRM databases or file management software
- Commitment to working with anti-oppression principles
- Drivers license
- Eligibility for Emploi Quebec Subvention Salariale http://www.emploiquebec.gouv.qc.ca/citoyens/integrer-un-emploi/programmes-dintegration-a-lemploi/subvention-salariale/
Please send a CV and cover letter to CKUT Hiring Committee at email@example.com with subject line “Funding and Outreach Coordinator” by Monday, February 5th, 6pm EST. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
As part of your application, please mention whether you already have a subvention eligibility letter from Emploi Québec.