THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS WHO QUALIFY FOR McGILL WORK STUDY PROGRAM
15 Hours per week for 15 weeks $14.00 per hour
Working closely with the Music Department Coordinator, the Music Librarian and Music Volunteer Coordinator will work to promote local music and emerging artists both on-air and over the CKUT music blog, assist with the development of CKUT’s digital music library, and train new Music Department volunteers. Responsibilities of the coordinator include:
- Training and integrating new volunteers into the music department.
- Promoting local music and emerging Montreal artists.
- Assisting in the organization of music department fundraisers and other events.
- Overseeing the music department’s blog and improving online social media presence.
- Assisting with the operation and maintenance of CKUT’s digital and physical music libraries.
- Helping with a myriad of departmental administrative tasks (ie. mail logging and distribution, music labelling, filing, emails and calls).
- Covering duties of the Music Coordinator during absences and/or vacations.
We’re looking for someone with a wide knowledge of musical genres and a solid grasp of CKUT’s programming and mandate. The ideal candidate will be excited to work with a wide range of volunteers and help them develop skills as they contribute to the department. If you’re organized, good with people, and love music, consider joining our amazing crew!
CKUT prioritizes the unique contributions that individuals from marginalized and oppressed communities bring to our organization, and invites these individuals to apply. We encourage ALL applicants to describe the unique contributions they, as individuals with diverse experiences, would bring to CKUT in their cover letter or resume.
[Hip Hop You Don’t Stop])https://preventioncdnndg.org/arts-urbains/hhyds/) will be taking over If You Got Ears for the month of September 2017.
This month they are going to be bringing in youth from various community organizations and Hip Hop artists to discuss Hip Hop as a vehicle for social inclusion and empowerment of marginalized communities.