CKUT is hiring for a part-time, student job: Funding Drive Assistant
Funding Drive Assistant (Student job)
Every year, CKUT Radio runs a 10 day Funding Drive where we ask listeners and our community to support the station through financial donations. This is typical of campus-community radio stations across the country, and we’ve been doing ours every year since 1987.
The annual campaign takes place on air, on the internet, via snail mail, person-to-person, and through special in-person events. The Funding Drive unites all of our nonprofit radio station’s volunteers and staff to connect with our valued listeners. Gifts and prizes are organized for donors along with special on-air programming and events. The Funding Drive is a significant source of funding for the station, and the most important time of the year at CKUT.
We hire a Funding Drive Assistant each year to help run the campaign. The role will work closely with the Funding & Outreach Coordinator to prepare, run, and wrap-up the 10-day 2024 Funding Drive. It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to break into fundraising in the nonprofit sector.
- Request donations from local businesses and secure sponsorships
- Schedule pick-up and delivery of gifts
- Prepare a phone room-schedule
- Contact volunteers to sign-up for all phone-room shifts and help with events, promo, etc.
- Update the Funding Drive website and related social media
- Work with volunteers/programmers to prepare for Funding Drive and mobilize listeners
- Assist in the preparation of invoices, thank-you card and gift mail outs before and after the funding drive
- Help plan and execute Funding Drive events
- Support the Funding and Outreach Coordinator in any other Funding Drive-related tasks
– Must be self-motivated, well organized and be able to take initiative independently.
– Should be comfortable soliciting donations and able to maintain good relationships with sponsors.
– Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills (English), French is a strong asset.
– Proficiency with spreadsheets (Excel) and ability to produce reports.
– Should be able to motivate and work with volunteers.
– Candidates should be genuinely excited and enthusiastic about representing CKUT.
– A strong passion for radio and broadcasting, the role of independent campus media, and/or nonprofits.
This position is funded through the Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). You must be a post-secondary student to apply for this position. Please read here for eligibility FAQs.
The role will be compensated at $16.20/hour, for 15 hours per week (flexible) beginning Tuesday, January 2, 2024 and ending in April 2024. It is an ideal part-time job for a McGill student. The Funding Drive Assistant will be required to work the majority of their hours in-person at CKUT, located at 3647 University in Montreal/Tiohtià:ke.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, December 14 at midnight. Interviews will take place the week of December 18.